Deutsch/German
English

Forum

Hello

Need any assistance? Just post here.

PostPosted: 29.12.2008, 23:46
Hi,

I was wondering if if there was any better support for english speaking users like myself? Alot of the forums questions and answers are in a different language and i'm afraid that it doesn't translate correct with online translater. I'm having a few issues that i can't seem to track down how to fix with the portal/forums aspect of our site.

1. You can log into our site with. www.Forsaken-Heroes.com typing in your log in name and password will take you to the site http://www.ourguild.dkp4guilds.com. where you will have to log in yet again. is there a way to fix this?

2. after you log in the second time it will take you back to the forsaken-heroes.com website. where the forums main page is located on a forsaken-heroes.com and the index is on the ourguild.gdkp.com.

it's almost like there are 2 different ways to access our site and it's really confusing. how can i fix this or is it something you have to fix?

3. About the portal... is there anyway to remove the teamspeak and replace it with ventrillo?

4. i have found a few typos possible translation problems within the actual interface. can you point me to a good place i can see a users manual for this php set up so i can not ask so many questions.

thank you

PostPosted: 30.12.2008, 05:38
ok about problem number 1 i think it's undercontrol.. a tiny bit of info was left out of my packet.. by the way i'm the secondary admin for the forsaken-heroes and the other admin said i should be getting a different access to these forums.

PostPosted: 30.12.2008, 09:09
hi there and welcome to our customer forums.

I talked with your co-admin a lot (via phone, mail and forums ^^)

So please notice that we need only one person per guild to come up with homepage and dkp-system problems.
It's really confusing for us to read some issues twice and afterwards find out that the request came from the same customer/homepage...
I gave you access to the customer-section so you can freely read our manuals.

Now your questions:

1. We will fix this, due to your use of an own domain, we have to do some database-adjustments

2. Problem will be fixed with 1.

3. Your Co-admin already posted a java-code in our forums to implement it.
afaik we only can rely on external code for a ventrilo-serverstatus because about 95% of our customers are using TeamSpeak.

4. If it's bothering you so much, please post a list where to find the typos and we will fix it global. I don't think that the phpbb-group made mistakes regarding translation (native english-speakers) ^^
We found some typos made by our programmers ourselfs, but we are not perfect and we might had missed some.
MfG
Fabian
GildenDKP
AdminTeam

PostPosted: 30.12.2008, 09:38
UPDATE:

fixed 1) and 2)
MfG
Fabian
GildenDKP
AdminTeam

PostPosted: 30.12.2008, 16:44
meatfooder wrote:hi there and welcome to our customer forums.

I talked with your co-admin a lot (via phone, mail and forums ^^)

So please notice that we need only one person per guild to come up with homepage and dkp-system problems.
It's really confusing for us to read some issues twice and afterwards find out that the request came from the same customer/homepage...
I gave you access to the customer-section so you can freely read our manuals.

Now your questions:

1. We will fix this, due to your use of an own domain, we have to do some database-adjustments

2. Problem will be fixed with 1.

3. Your Co-admin already posted a java-code in our forums to implement it.
afaik we only can rely on external code for a ventrilo-serverstatus because about 95% of our customers are using TeamSpeak.

4. If it's bothering you so much, please post a list where to find the typos and we will fix it global. I don't think that the phpbb-group made mistakes regarding translation (native english-speakers) ^^
We found some typos made by our programmers ourselfs, but we are not perfect and we might had missed some.

Again thank you for the fast responses. it's greatly appriciated. about the co ops. i will let him post the questions but we have worked out he will be the dkp system person and i would be the forums and site look admin. but seeing now how they are intergrated a bit more deeply than thought i will foward all my questions for him to post.

Also thank you for allowing me access to see the english version of the faq's. this will be a great help to me.

and the typos. are not that big of an issue to be honest. it was brought to my attention by my fellow guildies when i asked for things i missed on the site. i'm not the greatest speller in the world so i understand it can happen. but again thank you so much for your time.

Return to Questions about your running system